Job Title: Commodity Trader – Non-Oil Commodities
Reports to: General Manager
- Prospect opportunities for purchasing and marketing of non-oil commodities.
- Close coordination with buyers, suppliers, C&F agents, surveyors and warehouse staff.
- Monitor all payments and manage contract Profit & Loss per vessel/shipment.
- Payables and receivables reconciliation.
- Assist with regular port and warehouse visits to check and report on cargo operations.
- Accurate stock management and valuation of different grades of commodities and issuing of appropriate reports.
- Accountable for the registration, submissions and finalization of insurance claims.
- Monitoring and managing all cross-trade shipments, imports and exports.
- Monitoring credit sales documents and follow up with clients.
- Initiate sales deals with customers and follow up on regular basis
- Cultivate new sales leads to establish business
- Provide follow-up customer satisfaction with clients as needed
- Work closely with logistics companies to ensure customer freight is being moved efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- High level of integrity with strong work ethic with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Strategic thinker that can prepare market analysis and execute supply/sales plan
- Result driven self-starter with excellent time management
- Deep understanding of commodity trading and related processes
- Knowledge of commodities exchanges, clearing standards and market conventions
- Ability to work with multi-discipline teams
- Strong communication, negotiation and teamwork skills
Qualifications & Experience
- A good University degree in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in material handling of commodities and products throughout the value-chain of production/processing, warehousing, distribution, consumption etc. will be an added advantage.
Applicants without the required cognate experience will not be shortlisted for interview.
Email to: email@example.com