Dr Diran Fawibe is the Chief Executive Officer, International Energy Services (IES). In this interview, Fawibe explains why crude oil drilling in the North is necessary; why it has been difficult for promoters of modular refineries to see their dream come true; the need for the Federal Government to expedite action on the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and other knotty issues in the nation’s oil and gas sector.
Recent Posts by Toyin Seidu
Job Title: Commodity Trader – Non-Oil Commodities
Reports to: General Manager
- Prospect opportunities for purchasing and marketing of non-oil commodities.
- Close coordination with buyers, suppliers, C&F agents, surveyors and warehouse staff.
- Monitor all payments and manage contract Profit & Loss per vessel/shipment.
- Payables and receivables reconciliation.
- Assist with regular port and warehouse visits to check and report on cargo operations.
- Accurate stock management and valuation of different grades of commodities and issuing of appropriate reports.
- Accountable for the registration, submissions and finalization of insurance claims.
- Monitoring and managing all cross-trade shipments, imports and exports.
- Monitoring credit sales documents and follow up with clients.
- Initiate sales deals with customers and follow up on regular basis
- Cultivate new sales leads to establish business
- Provide follow-up customer satisfaction with clients as needed
- Work closely with logistics companies to ensure customer freight is being moved efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- High level of integrity with strong work ethic with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Strategic thinker that can prepare market analysis and execute supply/sales plan
- Result driven self-starter with excellent time management
- Deep understanding of commodity trading and related processes
- Knowledge of commodities exchanges, clearing standards and market conventions
- Ability to work with multi-discipline teams
- Strong communication, negotiation and teamwork skills
Qualifications & Experience
- A good University degree in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in material handling of commodities and products throughout the value-chain of production/processing, warehousing, distribution, consumption etc. will be an added advantage.
Applicants without the required cognate experience will not be shortlisted for interview.
Email to: email@example.com